09:00:12 <hcderaad> #startmeeting
09:00:12 <bugbot> Meeting started Sun Apr 26 09:00:12 2015 UTC.  The chair is hcderaad. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:12 <bugbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
09:00:15 <hcderaad> Hi everyone!
09:00:40 <hcderaad> As usual we've got an agenda for today
09:00:54 <hcderaad> #topic agenda
09:00:55 <hcderaad> #info Schedule
09:00:57 <hcderaad> #info OSEM problems and “solutions”
09:00:58 <hcderaad> #info Social event
09:01:00 <hcderaad> #info Booklet and swag
09:01:01 <hcderaad> #info Volunteers
09:01:03 <hcderaad> #info Other points by other speakers
09:01:04 <hcderaad> #info Next meeting
09:01:40 <hcderaad> I'll start with the first!
09:01:52 <hcderaad> #topic Schedule and promotion
09:01:54 <hcderaad> #info The schedule has (almost) been finished (yay!) and can be seen online. Can a newspost please be made and published all over the Social Medias?
09:01:55 <hcderaad> #info Also we could really use more visibility on social media, our posts are being picked up reasonably well, but please everyone, repost our messages!
09:01:58 <RobinEd> hi all
09:02:23 <hcderaad> Any input on this?
09:03:15 <hcderaad> next!
09:03:17 <hcderaad> #topic Booklet and swag
09:03:18 <hcderaad> #info no foreword texts have been received from anyone so we will make up our own.
09:03:20 <hcderaad> #info We’re trying to finalize the booklet info today and add that to the swag for the conference!
09:03:21 <hcderaad> #info We’ll ask SUSE for more swag and whatever we come up with you’ll see at the conference!
09:04:27 <hcderaad> I'll continue with the next topic
09:04:30 <hcderaad> #topic OSEM problems and “solutions”
09:04:32 <hcderaad> #info During the past weeks we have had a lot of problems with missing features and bugs in OSEM. The most pressing ones were:
09:04:33 <hcderaad> #info - Not being able to schedule talks due to the scheduling interface not working correctly, tracks are “jumping” around on the drag and drop interface.
09:04:35 <hcderaad> #info - No export of schedule talks and comments
09:04:36 <hcderaad> #info - Very limited search in scheduling tool (one search field, and searches (+amount of results) are not “remembered”. No filtering. Also in speaker tool.
09:04:38 <hcderaad> #info - events from other conferences in scheduling tool
09:04:39 <hcderaad> #info - no scrollbar in scheduling tool and incorrect list of talks for scheduling
09:04:41 <hcderaad> #info - Not being able to export attendees and registrations for sleepover
09:04:42 <hcderaad> #info - Not being able to register talks for other people or change speaker names
09:04:44 <hcderaad> #info - Not having a track listing without scheduling talks
09:04:45 <hcderaad> #info - No view of track type in schedule during scheduling
09:04:47 <hcderaad> #info Some of these issues were solved by the volunteers behind OSEM, and we are thankful for that, but this has cost us more than 4 full days extra work, which is totally unworkable.
09:04:48 <hcderaad> #info Some of the responses we received after posting issues beggar belief: “Not an issue”, “There are no technical issues” and “Create a fake profile and fill in all the info again” are among the ones that left our mouths the most open.
09:04:50 <hcderaad> #info We strongly advise openSUSE to take a look at other platforms and consider switching to a more generic solution instead of the self-built OSEM.
09:05:30 <hcderaad> We'll probably just continue for now.
09:05:43 <hcderaad> #topic Social Events
09:05:44 <hcderaad> #info There are some interesting entertainers lined up for the social events on Saturday and Sunday: mystics will read your aura and help you find the future using totally scientific (;)) Tarot methodology
09:05:55 <hcderaad> #info Also we'll have vintage computer game consoles!
09:06:01 <hcderaad> #info We have a lock picking workshop!
09:06:04 <RobinEd> AWESOME!!!!
09:06:07 <RobinEd> RETRO!!!!
09:06:18 <RobinEd> AWESOMEERRRR!!
09:06:27 <hcderaad> #info Basically You are Your own host, so help us to help you make it a very cool evening program!
09:06:37 <RobinEd> #info Everyone is a volunteer!
09:06:49 <hcderaad> Next topic!
09:06:51 <hcderaad> #topic Volunteers
09:06:52 <hcderaad> #info we will need them! Especially around the lunches and dinners. We expect to need at least 5 - 10 for each lunch and 3 - 4 for each dinner. Who will coordinate volunteers?
09:07:09 <hcderaad> #info We'll make a little list of tasks todo at the conference and we'll coordinate this on thursday
09:07:26 <RobinEd> thank you all so much for coming today
09:07:28 <hcderaad> #info The venue will need decoration and technical support (setting up stuff) so, any help is welcome!
09:07:39 <RobinEd> for giving up your Sunday to help us organise this conference
09:07:44 <RobinEd> we <3 u!
09:07:55 <hcderaad> Yeah, it feels a bit lonely in here...
09:08:16 <hcderaad> I guess we can skip the other points by attendants?
09:08:31 <RobinEd> yepyep
09:08:35 <hcderaad> #topic Next meeting
09:08:36 <hcderaad> #info See you Thursday for the build up and on Friday for the start of the Conference!
09:08:42 <RobinEd> bye bye
09:08:49 <hcderaad> #endmeeting