15:01:06 <robjo> #startmeeting openSUSE project meeting
15:01:06 <bugbot> Meeting started Wed Jan  7 15:01:06 2015 UTC.  The chair is robjo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:06 <bugbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:01:28 <sysrich> Thank you
15:02:07 <robjo> Hello and happy new year
15:02:22 <robjo> Welcome to the first project meeting of 2015
15:02:52 <sysrich> #topic Action Item Review
15:03:20 <robjo> #chair sysrich
15:03:20 <bugbot> Current chairs: robjo sysrich
15:03:28 <robjo> #topic Action Item Review
15:03:32 <sysrich> Danke
15:03:35 <sysrich> #info There was no action items on the meeting of the 24th
15:03:58 <sysrich> Looking at the Agenda on https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Project_meeting it looks like no one has posted any agenda items
15:04:04 <sysrich> Does anyone in the room have any topics they'd like to bring up?
15:04:29 <robjo> Reminders, more than topics
15:04:42 <sysrich> Go ahead.. I recommend heavy use of the #info tag ;)
15:05:16 <robjo> #info I'd like to remind everyone that the openSUSE Board elections are coming up, polls open January 13 if I remember correctly
15:05:51 <sysrich> darix: do you have anything to add about the elections?
15:08:14 <robjo> #info the candidates are listed in this mail: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2014-12/msg00027.html
15:08:43 <robjo> the mail also confirms the start date of the election as January 13
15:09:07 <robjo> #info if anyone has any questions for the candidates please send a message to the -project mailing list
15:09:37 <robjo> My next reminder is about oSC15
15:09:58 <robjo> #info Please remember that oSC15 is fast approaching
15:10:48 <robjo> #info everything that needs to be done is listed in progress.o.o https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/osc15/issues
15:11:16 <robjo> #info dates and CfP have been announced on news.o.o
15:11:55 <sysrich> I've posted two proposals for sessions so far :)
15:12:14 <robjo> #info we need to start creating a buzz around the event and especially make certain that existing contributors make the effort to participate in oSC15
15:13:15 <robjo> #info register and submit session proposals at: https://events.opensuse.org/conference/oSC15
15:13:56 <robjo> #info oSC15 takes place in The Hague, The Netherlands and is reasonably easy to reach from around teh world
15:14:09 <robjo> #info and of course there will be TSP money available
15:14:30 <robjo> #info it would be great to once again see on the order of 200 people at oSC
15:14:58 <robjo> And one more reminder, from my side
15:15:18 <robjo> #info the openSUSE Board is seeking locations for oSC16
15:15:52 <robjo> #info anyone interested in organizing oSC should send a proposal to the openSUSE board or the -project list
15:16:21 <ganglia> I've seen the suggestion of oSC2016 in Nuremberg.  Any other locations suggested so far?
15:16:24 <robjo> OK, done with the reminder for now
15:17:13 <robjo> ganglia: Suggestions are great but what is needed are people that are willing to do extend the effort that goes along with organizing oSC
15:17:36 <ganglia> robjo: I understand.  Has there been any other proposal than Nuremberg so far?
15:17:55 <robjo> No proposals yet
15:19:33 <sysrich> the idea of NUE has some siginificant sympathy/support by some managers at SUSE, so I think we can expect a formal proposal soon
15:22:07 <sysrich> I had a few reminders I wanted to include in the minutes, but robjo covered them all
15:22:15 <sysrich> does anyone have any other topics they'd like to raise in this meeting?
15:24:08 <sysrich> I guess not..
15:24:12 <sysrich> #topic Next Meeting
15:24:33 <sysrich> #info the Next openSUSE Project Meeting will be at 1500UTC on Wed 21st Jan 2015
15:24:49 <sysrich> Last call for any last minute topics..going once
15:24:58 <sysrich> going twice..
15:25:04 <sysrich> #endmeeting